Each Deck Jet System by Agpro® is for one double sided parlor and includes:
● One reservoir / pump / control module with –
Starters and Controls
Heavy Duty Mount Frame
Inlet Float Valve
● Complete, full parlor length headers with integral 1 1/2” laterals for each head
● Complete set precision machined wash heads (one for every other stall) .
● Patented wash heads feature a 200° spray pattern at 4gpm
● Air line (poly tube) from exit gate cylinder to control module.
● PVC pipe from pump module to parlor header assemblies
● Fully automated operation sequenced with exit gates
● Complete system including programmable controls
● Replaceable solid aluminum wash heads specially engineered for complete milking area coverage
The DeckJet system is designed to pro-vide the best possible automated clean-ing of milking stand areas. The patent-ed flush heads and accompanying pres-surized supply system depend on care-ful installation of the major components with close attention paid to slope, height of heads, and assembly of below floor components. The system is fabricated to minimize on site assembly. Careful attention should be paid to connections as a rigid, watertight, final installation is essential. Exercise care to assure DeckJet components do not interfere with parlor and/or milking system posts, raceways, etc.
Installed system with wash heads in place.
It is the responsibility of the owner and his plumbing subcontractor to provide and install the pipe system and fittings between the DeckJet system compo-nents in accordance with the pipe manu-facturer’s instructions. Failure to do so may limit or negate warranties.
It is recommended the system be tested for leaks before covering.
The DeckJet system is designed for a fall of 2” to 3” in the first 60” away from the pit curb. This provides best results in area cleaning.
• Position the supply module in the equipment room, preferably adjacent to a parlor wall as shown on the draw-ings. A 1¼” fresh water supply will be plumbed to the supply valve atop the reservoir. Note: Water level when full must be at the same elevation as the floor at the lowest discharge head.
Installed supply module ready for operation.
• The milking system supplier is to pro-vide and install 1/4” air tubing from the DeckJet control panel to whatever op-erational control is selected to initiate the spray sequence (usually exit gate opening). Two such routings (one for each side) will be required. This tub-ing should tee into the open pressure line to provide a signal to start the DeckJet system and be routed through appropriately sized rigid con-duit to permit future repair and/or re-placement.
• 3” PVC piping must now be placed from each pump on the supply module to each PVC header assembly (two separate systems provided by install-er).
• At each PVC header Five Port Flow Diffuser Adaptors (provided by Agpro) will be glued in place spaced appropri-ately to serve five spray heads.
• Plex tubing (provided by Agpro) will be routed from each port in the adapter to a single spray head. (Required fit-tings provided by Agpro.)
• Attach spray heads to curb by welding using brackets provided or using rebar as desired. Position per drawings.
• A qualified electrician may now make the final connections to the supply module control panel.
• A water test for all joints is recom-mended at this time to assure zero leakage. Work with a qualified plumb-er to test under 10 PSI (minimum). When satisfied installation is watertight and properly positioned parlor floors may be poured. Be sure spray heads are not installed at this point; tempo-rarily plug stainless steel risers as re-quired. Exercise care around risers during the placement of concrete to avoid splash into discharge risers.
• Assemble “O” rings onto spray heads.
• After concrete has properly cured, re-move temporary riser plugging, and install spray heads. This may be ac-complished by applying sufficient downward pressure to compress “O” ring and permit turning clockwise ap-proximately 45o to lock in place. Standard “O” ring lubricant is recom-mended to aide in installation.
Applying lubricant to “O” ring.
Press down while turning head to seat in place.
• System is now ready for operation.
DeckJet System in operation.
System comes with controls preprogrammed. If other opera-tion sequences are desired, simply follow the control in-structions to reprogram as desired.
Keep children and small animals away from the supply module.
Be sure any electrical controls within the structure to be flushed are properly in-stalled and grounded and control boxes are kept closed.
When performing service work on any part of the system, be certain the pumps and other automatic components are shut off by turning off power supply to the control panel.
Print Installation Instructions…
Overall system upkeep should be minimal.
• Monthly provide a visual inspection of all flush heads, the supply module, in-let float assembly, and the supply pumps. Repair or replace any components not working properly or dis-playing unusual wear.
• Yearly remove and inspect spray heads by pushing down, turning counterclockwise until stopped, and lifting off. Clean orifices if needed. Replace if excessive wear is observed. Re-move “O” rings and inspect for dam-age. Replace if needed. (Note: A light coat of standard petroleum jelly or standard “O” ring grease will enhance operation while greatly extending component life.) Replace head by inserting in riser, pushing down with sufficient pressure to slightly flatten the compression “O” ring, turning clock-wise until stopped, and releasing. A slight upward movement of head will signal proper placement. Repeat procedure at each flush head.
• If, after an extended period of time, reduced discharge flow is observed on the entire system, impeller wear or plugging within the pump is likely. If simple cleaning out of an obstruction is insufficient contact the pump manufacturer directly for repair instructions, parts, etc.
814-10-022 200 degree Spray Head
814-10-023 3/16 inch Compression “O” Ring
814-10-024 1/8 inch Sealing “O” Ring
814-10-020 5 HP SCOT Pump
814-10-021 7-1/2 HP SCOT Pump